Saturday, March 24, 2018

What is this?





This is a footnote blog. When somebody posting to the main community blog for "Blogs Leaning Toward the Center" has an aside or a footnote that goes along with his post, it gets posted here. The post on this blog (the aside or footnote) is linked to in the appropriate location in the main blog post it accompanies, and when one gets to the bottom of a post here, one sees a link back to where one was in the main blog, before coming over here.

What we have is a centrist ring, and nuance is going to be part of what we do. What you should see should in some ways be something very much like a serious academic blog, and anybody who has ever read academic writing has seen the footnotes. They're just a natural part of the writing.

Many people reading this post should see it as the warning it is. If your idea of serious political commentary is to grunt and go "cry me some salty tears, u snowflake", this will not be the blog or the ring for you. There isn't going to be any give and take on that. I expect those who contribute to any blog on which my name appears to hold to a decently high standard of writing. If I can find people willing and able to do that, great, and if not, I'll just shut down the blog. I'd rather not be part of something, than be part of something I'm ashamed of, especially when it is something that would attach itself to my name and my reputation. After all, I am the person running this place (the blog, not Blogger), so what happens here is going to be seen as being a reflection on me. That might not be altogether fair, but it is reality.

(return to main blog)